Harry Potter: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter: The Next Generation

Set in 2018, the 3 Wizarding schools Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, & Durmstrang face a new threat: Augustus Rookwood Jr. son of the last Death Eater Augustus Rookwood.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Staff Team
Ariel, Site Creator

--------------------
Daniella,Head Admin
--------------------
Jules, Head Admin

---------------------
Kris, Moderator

News/Weather
Month
September, 2018

Events
It's the start of the first term and the warm weather is slowly fading into chilly Autumn breezes. Students are advised to begin collecting their supplies and prepare for their first, or next, year at Hogwarts, Durmstrang, or Beauxbatons.

Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Helena Watson-Holmes

Helena Watson-Holmes

Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Empty
PostSubject: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:45 pm

Helena sat in the library of Hogwarts, a place where she often spent her time when she attended school here. She had visited so often, she knew of every nook and cranny the library withheld, the location of each of its books. She was reading 1984, a dystopian muggle novel by an author called George Orwell. She was always fascinated by muggles, and their different technologies. Helena heard someone enter the room, and she looked up to see who it was, it was the alchemy professor...Holmes, Sherlock Holmes. She wondered what he had come to the library for, perhaps some material for his alchemy class? Of course, she was seated near that section of the library, which meant he'd probably come her way. She realized she had been staring for a few minutes, and went back to her novel, though she kind of hoped he'd notice her there, he was far too intelligent to not notice her in the room, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:36 pm

Sherlock arrived at the library, silently relishing the sight of the books and quietness of it all. While he enjoyed Hogwarts and it's many (not so secret) passages, he prefers the calm atmosphere to let him think and not be annoyed by other distractions. He began walking toward the Alchemy section when he spotted non other than Helena Watson, the Astronomy Professor. Why she would bother teaching a useless topic was beyond him, especially when he - no, they both know how far her knowledge truly is from their years back then at Hogwarts. She was one of the rare people who he found reasonable enough to talk to, but he wouldn't speak to her much due to his research and experiments he had to finish. He wandered around the shelf, picking out a few books and waiting for her to return her gaze back her book before speaking.
"'1984', George Orwell, am I correct? Not a bad book to pass time with, Ms. Watson. Quite rare to see others spending time reading the classics nowadays.". He said as he quickly flipped through a book, not looking up at her yet.
Back to top Go down
Helena Watson-Holmes

Helena Watson-Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:14 pm

Helena glanced up slightly then refocused on her book, "Correct, Mr.Holmes, the classics are what intrigue me the most, it seems, the muggles ideals can be so fascinating, especially their predictions about the future. I find '1984' to be the most practical compared to most." she commented, "Have you ever been to the muggle world, Mr.Holmes? It seems you'd be one who would take up an interest in them, and I don't blame you." she continued, "I've been to their world enough times to fill one of my libraries at home with muggle novels, fiction, non-fiction, factual and the like." she finished. Helena wondered how teaching alchemy was, it was an interesting subject, and a quite difficult one at that, it made sense that Sherlock would be the professor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Sherlock smiled slightly as he turned his back to her to look at another thick book, pleased to finally speak to someone with the same intellectual mind set as him. It had been so long since he last spoke to someone like this, it was pleasant and relieving at the same time.
"Yes I agree and I have, actually. The manor was an incapable place to study the muggle lifestyle so I had to go off and do some research on my own. I ran into a few muggles who would allow me access to books and libraries, yet I was particularly interested in the criminal cases and chemistry." He responded, taking his picked books to Helena's table and sitting across from her.
Back to top Go down
Helena Watson-Holmes

Helena Watson-Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:23 pm

Helena glanced up from her book for a second when she heard Sherlock sit down with his pile of books, then refocused on her own. "Criminal cases and chemistry, you say? Ever run into any that were particularly interesting or abnormal?" she inquired, "Do you by any chance have a muggle device called a mobile phone? I find them particularly useful, especially in the case of texting." she asked, "I spend a lot of my time in the muggle world when I'm not teaching, or researching something or other, and if you have one, I'd like to have a way to contact you, considering you also spend some of your time there." she explained, a small smile on her lips.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Sherlock moved the books aside as he grabbed one and flipped it open in front of him. "There were a few old cases that I found to be rather unusual, one of them being the Jack the Ripper. While it's a useless case to go over by now, still fascinating." He looked up at her and nodded as he pulled out his phone to demonstrate. "Yes, they are rather quick at sending information or for communication." He let a small smile form as he tossed the device in the air then let it fall back to his hand, placing it on the table before sliding it over to Helena. He answered, "I suppose you could be useful to be in contact with, you aren't as boring as the others here, at least.", before returning to his book, his smile yet to be gone.
Back to top Go down
Helena Watson-Holmes

Helena Watson-Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:35 pm

Helena nodded, "Jack the Ripper? I believe I've heard of him before, he was the bloke who removed the organs from his victims if I remember correctly." she remarked, looking up as he took his phone out, "Much faster and more efficient than owl post." then took her phone out as well, sliding it across the table in the same fashion Sherlock had done before her. Helena picked his up, entering her number in along with her name, "Would you like the addresses I keep? In the muggle world and the wizarding world?" she inquired, if they were to keep in touch, it might come in handy to know each others home residencies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:42 pm

"Correct. Very well known for his crimes around London with prostitutes, but of course the officers and detectives back then were unable to find a connection so the case went cold." He replied as he smoothly stopped her phone from falling off the edge of the of table and typed in his name, number, and addresses. "Yes, both. It can also be useful. Never know when the other could be of use in assistants." He nodded as he finished his typing and slid the phone back to her. "Hopefully Mycroft won't get in the way so much. He has the tendency to track and bribe anyone who tries to contact me." He rolled his eyes as he turned the page of the book. "Absolutely tedious and dull, he is."
Back to top Go down
Helena Watson-Holmes

Helena Watson-Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:43 pm

"It seems that the human mind has evolved far enough as to where connections can be found in places where others cannot." Helena commented, "What did you find was the connection?" She inquired. Helena entered both of her addresses as Sherlock talked, "Feel free to text me, or stop by any time, I rarely have any visitors, just let me know which location you'll be stopping by and I'll apparate there. You can come for any reason really, I'm never doing much unless I'm researching or reading." she explained, using her telekinesis to give Sherlock his phone back as she grabbed hers, "Mycroft is your brother, yes? I believe I remember him from our time in school. What interest would he have in who you're talking to?" she asked, returning to her own book .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:44 pm

"I've got twenty two ideas on how it could be connected, but I have no evidence nor body to examine since they all decided to rot. It's useless to find any proof now." He sighed, mentally cursing the police for having let an interesting case go completely to waste. He nodded at her and smiled as Helena used telekinesis to give back his phone, which he took with gentle ease. He always enjoyed watching her use her power back in their school years, it was another one of her traits that he liked about her. "Of course, and you can come over whenever you'd like as well." Sherlock glared at the book as he spoke, "He would bribe them just to keep a more sharp eye on me, since I took out all of his bugs from my flat. He believes he can convince me to join the Ministry of Magic with him, as if I'd want to go along with such a boring job." He huffed. Just thinking about the job made Sherlock irritable by how little it can do to keep his brain active, he needs to stay quick and on his toes. As Sherlock returned to his book, he remembered about that annoying ball that Mycroft has forced him to join, to "keep the Holmes reputation alive" since he's busy with other dull objects. Sherlock frowned at the idea of going to the place with loud people and long tedious speechs, then glanced up at Helena as an idea formed. He cleared his throat before continuing, "Speaking of boring, there's this Ball that all royals must attend. Since it will be uneventful and tedious, I'd thought that you would like to accompany me there?"
Back to top Go down
Helena Watson-Holmes

Helena Watson-Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Helena glanced up, "Police were such rubbish before modern technology, even now, they need a great detective like yourself to solve any cases." she commented, then refocused on her book, she raised her eyebrow slightly about his brother Mycroft's intentions "Don't worry, I won't take any bribes to keep an eye on you, I don't need any money, and if I remember correctly, your brother is a bit of a prat at times." She commented. Then she looked up from her book after hearing Sherlock's request, "I'd love to accompany you Sherlock." she replied, a small smile forming on her face. "I'm assuming you have details about the event such as location, date, and dress code?" she inquired.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Sherlock smirked. "I quite agree, though I doubt they would have been able to find someone as brilliant as me." He smiled as she called his brother a prat. Why hadn't he spoke to her sooner? It could have done him a worlds difference! She was intelligent, witty, and much more interesting than any other person he has met. He smiled even more when she agreed to go with him and nodded. "It will take place at the capital of Bulgaria, tomorrow night at 7pm. It will be formal, of course, so I think it'll be best that we go over to a store and get the items necessary for the ball." He pulled out his phone and looked over Helena's address. "You don't live that far from me, just a street away actually." He smiled softly as another idea popped into his head and he looked over at her. "You know, my flat is one person short, and I could use your assistants in some researches. Even though we have just met and such, would you like to share a flat with me?"
Back to top Go down
Helena Watson-Holmes

Helena Watson-Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Helena smiled, "Yes, well that is why they called you, you're clearly the best for the job, no one else could do what you do." she commented, "Sofia then, I'd think it best that we shop together, you can help me pick out a dress that doesn't look like its rubbish, and I can do the same for you with a suit." she smirked. Helena took out her own phone and looked at his address, confirming that she lived a street away, though she didn't doubt him. She smiled "I'd love to share a flat with you Sherlock, much better than living alone in my flat." she replied, "Perhaps I can move my things in this weekend while there are no classes?" She suggested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:50 pm

Sherlock smiled at her comment and nodded. "Sounds like a plan then. Shouldn't be too hard anyway to find those things." He shrugged. He went back to his book as Helena looked through her phone and nodded in agreement. "Having company around besides Mycroft and Scotland Yard would be very beneficial, besides they are all too thick to bother listening anyway." He closed his book and pulled out another one, making mental notes for class later on. "Good idea, that way I can help you settle down and give you the 'grand tour' of the flat." He smirked up at her. "Oh, you'll also get to met Mrs. Hudson. She's the houseke- I mean land lady of the place. A bit too worrisome but you'll get used to her."
Back to top Go down
Helena Watson-Holmes

Helena Watson-Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:50 pm

Helena smiled, "Yes, Ombre, my cat, has been my only company for the past few years, I haven't shared with anyone since we went to school here. Oh, it's okay that I bring Ombre with me, right? He doesn't do much but sleep, and he won't get in the way." she explained, "I should be able to get used to Mrs.Hudson rather quickly, I adapt well." she replied, ignoring his slight slip up in his word choice, then glanced at the clock displayed on the library wall, "Do you have a class soon, or are you free the rest of the day?" she inquired, she had already taught her classes, but she wasn't sure what his schedule was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:52 pm

Sherlock paused for a moment before answering, "As long as he doesn't bother with my experiments or make too much of a mess, then I won't mind having him there." He hasn't had pets around ever since his younger years back at the Manor. He would sneak stray dogs in and care for them but it was always ruined by his idiot brother who would take the dogs to the pound, "where all mutts belong". As she looked over at the clock he took notice of a small star that seemed imprinted on her left wrist and shook his head to her question. "I'm only getting some notes for class later this week, I'm free for the day." He looked back at her wrist as he asked, "There's a star on your left wrist. What is it for?"
Back to top Go down
Helena Watson-Holmes

Helena Watson-Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:55 pm

Helena smiled "Don't worry, Ombre tends to stay where I tell him to, and I can put a charm on his designated living space if needed." she commented. Ombre was a black cat after all, so he just tended to stay in the shadows out of the way. "Oh, my tattoo? As in your case, my family is full of Ministry workers, and I couldn't stand being stuffed in an office all day. So, when I decided to become the astronomy professor here at Hogwarts and the other schools as well, I got the tattoo as a bit of a sign of rebellion I suppose. To show that I wouldn't continue in the 'family business' like Peter had." she explained, "After you're finished finding books for your class, do you want to go down to Hogsmeade and get a butterbeer or something of the like?" she inquired, "I've already taught my classes for the day, so I'm free." she explained.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:00 pm

Sherlock nodded. It was good to know that Helena can keep her pet tame, maybe Ombre (French for Shadow. Clever.) won't be as much of a bother as he thought. He listened to her as he stared at the tattoo, recalling how other people would also make a mark or leave behind items to have a new start in their life. It was all psychological, but he was still compelled to learn about her, information that he didn't know about her before. "Peter Watson? He's your brother as well, if I recall correctly. He was studying to become an Auror back then. I'm assuming he got what he wanted then?", Sherlock replied. He looked over at the his piles of books and began to pull out a few. "I already know what I'm taking, I was just giving them one last check before taking them with me. I don't usually go to Hogsmeade very often, but seeing as I'm free today, I suppose I can go over for a drink. Haven't had butterbeer in a while."
Back to top Go down
Helena Watson-Holmes

Helena Watson-Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Helena nodded, "Yes, Peter decided to be a sheep and go along with the rest of the herd. He's envious of the head auror, she's younger than him, and he was hoping for that position." she commented, "He thinks that she's head because the minister is her husband, but I'm sure she earned her position just as anyone else does." she continued, "I haven't either, classes and lesson planning had taken over my free time until now." she commented, placing her book in her bag. She took her coat off of the back of the chair she was sitting in, and fastened her Ravenclaw scarf around her neck, "This is actually the same scarf from when we went here, I know it's silly to be sentimental about such an object, but it reminds me of when I belonged somewhere." she explained, walking over towards Sherlock, she put away the remaining books he wasn't taking with her telekinesis, so he didn't have to go through putting them away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:07 pm

Sherlock rolled his eyes as she spoke about Peter. "He should focus on improving himself rather than being an idiot and blaming others." He stood up from his seat and readjusted his scarf back around his neck, nodding at Helena as she wrapped her scarf around her neck as well. "While I don't necessarily do sentiment, it's good that you've kept your scarf. I think goes well with your appearance." He smiled as the books flew off back to their places and nodded his thanks at Helena, taking his books under his arm. "So, off to Hogsmeade then?"
Back to top Go down
Helena Watson-Holmes

Helena Watson-Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:10 pm

Helena nodded, "You understand my frustration with his behavior then." she remarked, then blushed slightly when Sherlock complimented her appearance, she really hoped he couldn't see it, "Thanks." she replied, suddenly at a loss for words, "To Hogsmeade." she smiled, she realized she hadn't grabbed her bag, and used her telekinesis to retrieve it, slinging it over her shoulder. Helena headed towards the exit of the library, her bag bouncing slightly as she walked. "While we're at Hogsmeade, do you want to get clothes shopping for the Royal Ball out of the way as well?" she suggested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:16 pm

Of course Sherlock noticed Helena's blush, but he figured that telling her about it would be...not good, as he had been told on multiple occasions by Ms. Hudson. "You are welcome, Helena." Blushing was a good sign though, right? He surely hoped so, he wasn't an expert on these 'feelings' thing anyway. Still, it made him smile for a reason he was unable to find, and nodded as he followed the floating bag to Helena. Walking slightly ahead and opening the door for her, he replied, "Yes, that way we wouldn't have to bother with the trouble later on. I trust your judgement in clothing much more than Mycroft's, and finding a dress for you should be very simple."
Back to top Go down
Helena Watson-Holmes

Helena Watson-Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:18 pm

Helena nodded in thanks to Sherlock when he opened the door for her, "I agree, I doubt that Mycroft has good taste in anything to be honest." she smirked as she walked towards a mirror, "I found this old passageway when we went to school here that will get us to Hogsmeade quicker." she explained, opening the mirror, "It's completely safe, and will empty us inside the Hog's Head if I remember correctly. We can grab some butterbeer, maybe chat for a bit, then shop." she suggested, walking through the passageway, she drew her wand and quickly cast Lumos, lighting their way as they walked through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:19 pm

Sherlock smirked as he nodded. "Besides choosing what cake he should feast on for himself. Keeping himself rounded is probably the only thing he's capable of." He raised an eyebrow as she opened the mirror and explained about it's secret passage. "I'm surprised that you've managed to find this path. I couldn't find it until Fifth year when I needed to collect some drinks for a research." He nodded at her as he followed, closing the mirror behind him. "Sounds like a plan.". He used Lumos as well, blinking a few times to get used to the dark and light tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Helena Watson-Holmes

Helena Watson-Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:22 pm

Helena smirked as Sherlock noted that the only thing Mycroft could ever have good taste for is cake. She smiled knowingly at him when he said that he was surprised that she knew of the passage "Well, I had a lot of free time while going here, and a non-existent friend group, so I did the best I could, and explored the castle, it seems like an extremely Gryffindorish thing to do, but I liked to have the knowledge of where the passages were." she explained. As they reached the end of the passageway, she opened a hatch overhead, which emptied them into the Hog's Head, "Looks like I did remember correctly." she smiled, "Would you rather sit at the table or the bar?" she inquired, straightening out her coat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))   Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock)) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Highly Functioning Sociopaths ((Sherlock))
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next