Harry Potter: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter: The Next Generation

Set in 2018, the 3 Wizarding schools Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, & Durmstrang face a new threat: Augustus Rookwood Jr. son of the last Death Eater Augustus Rookwood.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Staff Team
Ariel, Site Creator

--------------------
Daniella,Head Admin
--------------------
Jules, Head Admin

---------------------
Kris, Moderator

News/Weather
Month
September, 2018

Events
It's the start of the first term and the warm weather is slowly fading into chilly Autumn breezes. Students are advised to begin collecting their supplies and prepare for their first, or next, year at Hogwarts, Durmstrang, or Beauxbatons.

Magic of Art

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Magic of Art Empty
PostSubject: Magic of Art   Magic of Art Icon_minitime1Sat May 31, 2014 9:51 pm

Alexander wandered the halls, hoping to get use to the large corridors and twisted stairways around the castle. Summer at his parents was very casual, teaching himself the art of magic or researching the muggles style of communicating (A very strange object called 'cellular phone' that would give muggles the ability to speak to others with a single touch of a button!). While both things were useful ways to spend time, it didn't compare to the school of Beauxbaton.

He smiled as he was faced towards a door that held a familiar and brilliant classroom. He entered the Arts classroom and beamed happily as he gazed at the pieces hung proudly around the room, a few being his own. Missing the feeling of a paintbrush in his hand, he pulled out a painting supply from a drawer and sat in front of an empty canvas. He then pondered to himself quietly, "What should I paint?"
Back to top Go down
Maximus Xavier

Maximus Xavier

Magic of Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic of Art   Magic of Art Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:31 pm

Maximus looked around the school. His sister Sarie was resting for once. At any minute he would possibly need to rush off to help her. He didn't sense she needed him right now though. He walked down towards the basement of the school as he explored. He needed to learn it before classes actually started so he didn't get lost...as much. He was new here but they'd transfered in from taking private lessons with tutors after he broke Sarie out. He wanted to make sure he could take care of her like he promised. He found a strange classroom in the basement...art. He hadn't known they had one of those. Walking inside he looked around. "Hello?" He called out. He heard someone and headed over to him. He saw the pieces of art hanging around and stood there stunned. "Wow...those are beautiful." He said in admiration. Looking to the boy who stood with a blank canvas and fell silent. Feeling shy and nervous around someone he didn't know.
Back to top Go down

Magic of Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic of Art   Magic of Art Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:22 pm

Alexander stared at the canvas thoughtfully when he heard someone enter the room as well. He looked over curiously as the other boy gazed at the art pieces and smiled gently. He hadn't expected someone else to arrive but didn't mind it, a bit of company had never hurt anyone. He looked back over at the painting above. "Oh yes, thank you. I've painted some of those, but other classmates have painted pieces that are fantastic, like that one." He pointed at a painting near the window. "I don't remember the student's name, but they were in Fidelé." He looked back at the boy and smiled apologetically. "Sorry, didn't mean to talk too much like that. Been here telling you about other's art and haven't even introduced myself." He turned around and took a few steps towards him but made sure to keep his distance, not wanting to frighten the boy."I'm Alexander, nice to meet you." He extended a hand and smiled softly in greeting.
Back to top Go down
Maximus Xavier

Maximus Xavier

Magic of Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic of Art   Magic of Art Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:12 am

Maximus jumped when someone actually answerd him. Flushing a bit and listened to the guy speaking. His features slowly returning to normal color as he listened to him. "Didn't even know this room existed." He mumbled shyly. Audible enough to hear but still a shy mumble. Staying off to the side he listened as the guy spoke. Moving to look at the painting that was pointed out. "I'm still learning the houses." He admitted. He couldn't recall how long he and Sarie were here. Mostly home schooled and tutored at the palace. He looked at him. He smiled shyly. "It...its alright." He said with a reassuring smile. It allowed him to just listen and not have to talk so he was really alright with that. He listened to him speak. Walking closer and instinctively extened his hand. Taking ahold of the male's hand and shaking it. "Maximus. You can call me Maxi." he said softly. Trying to be understandable yet fighting his shy nature was hard. He let go of his hand almost as if he instinctively timed the shake
Back to top Go down

Magic of Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic of Art   Magic of Art Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:58 pm

"Not alot of people do. Art class isn't very popular like Defense against the Dark Arts or Flying, and I guess it isn't as fascinating as most students would like it to be." Alexander shrugged. While Art class did involve magic at certain times, it was believed to resemble the equal amount of interest to students as Muggle Studies, only useful to those who truly wish to learn, and with it not being a required class it is easily dismissed as unimportant. Alexander smiled understandingly. "That is alright. If you want, I can help teach you the houses and anything else you need to know. Have you just entered this school?" He asked. Whether he was a Prefect or not, it would still feel required of him to help anyone out,a trait that he believed came from his half-angel side. Alexander smiled back, glad that he seemed to have relaxed a bit. "It's nice to meet you then, Maxi." He was surprised by the sudden withdraw but wasn't bother by it, figuring that Maximus was just nervous with entering the school and shy. He glanced back at the empty canvas then grinned as an idea was formed. "If you're not busy with anything now, you can stay and paint with me. I can tell you about the school while we are painting, and even show you a few techniques used in class.", he smiled at Maxi.
Back to top Go down
Maximus Xavier

Maximus Xavier

Magic of Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic of Art   Magic of Art Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Maximus looked at him. "I have a dream of playing quidditch but..." He rubbed his arm. "I'm petrified of flying...on a broom. Not of falling just flying." he mumbled shyly. A blush of embarressment on his face. He looked at him. He really wasn't sure all the classes available. They had been homeschooled until he broke his sister out and ran off to school with her. He didn't say this though his thoughts were thinking on it. He was in shock he hadn't gotten sent home along with Sarie by the Headmistress or his parents got too upset with him. He rubbed his arm a bit as he thought.

Lifting his gaze. "Wei...I mean yes. Me and Sarie were homeschooled until recently." He said with a soft tone and shy smile. "Same to you Alexander." he said with a soft smile. He rubbed his arm again then blinked a bit. Tilting his head a bit. "Um...sure. I don't mind. It sounds like fun. Though if Sarie needs me I will have to run out and off unexpectedly." He spoke softly yet truthfully. Listening to him speaking. He walked closer and looked at him. "I don't think I'll be very good. I've never painted before." He said with a chuckle. "I may end up with more paint on me than on the paper...but I am willing to learn."
Back to top Go down

Magic of Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic of Art   Magic of Art Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:54 am

Alexander smiled softly at Maximus. "There's nothing wrong with having fear, that's how you grow stronger and wiser. I actually enjoy flying, maybe I can help you achieve your dream and teach you how to fly - on a broom, that is." He finished a bit sheepishly. He wasn't lying, he did know how to fly by both wings and broom, it was just that he preferred his own wings than a magical wooden oversized duster. His status as an angel/wizard is only known by his relatives and the Headmaster of Beauxbaton, so he had to be careful on what he says in order to protect himself. He knew that Maximus was a good person and wouldn't hurt him, but he didn't want to spill his secret just yet. 'Maybe I'll tell him one day, possibly outside of school if I can.' He promised himself as he subconsciously glanced over his shoulder to check if his wings were still well hidden under his school robe.

"Hm, Sarie? A friend of yours?" He asked curiously, looking back at him. "I've never been homeschooled before, but I'm glad you both came here to continue studying. You'll like Beauxbaton, and if you or Sarie need anything, I'll be happy to help out." He replied politely. He smiled at Maximus' reaction as he responded, "It's fine, I wouldn't want to keep you away from anything important. I'm glad you've told me beforehand too, I would have thought that I had done something to scare you away if you suddenly run off." He laughed lightly. He walked over to a cabinet filled with extra supplies and pulled out another canvas. "You don't have to worry about what it would look like, just have fun with it. That's the beauty of art." He grinned at Maximus' comment and nodded as he set the canvas up and handed him a paintbrush and paint. "Art can be a rather messy hobby, a few of my other shirts still have stains from previous works." He laughed, recalling the amount of times his mother put the shirts to wash until finally leaving them be. "Great! Is there anything specific that you would like to paint?" He asked, standing next to Maximus' canvas.
Back to top Go down
Maximus Xavier

Maximus Xavier

Magic of Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic of Art   Magic of Art Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:34 am

Maximus blushed deeply. "I fear it enough I've tried to jump off at higher heights." He said in embarrassment. Flushing a bit as he was still shy. Confusion hit his gaze when the male said on a broom looking sheepish. Just shaking his head to ignore it. "M-maybe...you'd have to be very patient...I won't even get on a still broom right now without panicking. At this rate I won't be able to play quidditch because of petrification at the brooms." He said in an embarrassed tone. He looked at him curiously. Tilting his head to the side. What was he doing? He blinked a bit. He seemed to be hiding something. Oh well...he wasn't outright saying he was prince of france. He was sure that Alexander was a good person so it was nothing to worry about.

"Sarie is my older sister. I have to protect her and keep her safe and happy as she is...different. I don't hav any friends yet except maybe you." He said. Phrasing it carefully. Listening to him. "I brought us here. So Sarie could be free." he admitted softly. Looking a bit. "Its not that...I'm the only one who can help her...I just know when she will need me and will instinctively rush off to help her. Even if it was in the middle of class." He explained. Listening to him speaking. Smiling a bit. "I'd feel really bad if I made you think that. I am shy not skittish...usually." He said softly. Blushing across the tops of his cheeks.

Listening to him speaking. Blinking a bit. Taking the paintbrush and paint. "Heh...I think my parents would royally spaz if that happened." He admitted. pun unintended. Listening to him. "Um...no. I don't have any idea what to do honestly."
Back to top Go down

Magic of Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic of Art   Magic of Art Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:42 am

Alexander's eyes glowed slightly as Maximus mentioned unable to get on a broom, an idea forming in his mind. With his wings, he can lift Maxi to the air to slowly let him get use to heights and can finally share his secret to someone other than relatives or powerful school heads. Attempting to look around the room casually to hide his excitement, he responded. "You said you won't get on a still broom? Well, hypothetically speaking, if there was another way of flying than just by broom, would you do it? That way, you can get over your fear of heights, then work towards being able to ride a broom, hypothetically speaking of course." He glanced over at Maximus, his eyes still slightly brighter than usual.

"You don't have to worry about my patience. I'll help you fly on a broom and play Quidditch, and I know that one of these days you will soar through the air with ease." He grinned. Wanting to show his loyalty in hopes that it would calm the boy down, he made his hand into a fist and left out the pinky towards Maxi, remembering the technique as a 'pinky swear' from his mother's discussion about the muggles way of dedication. "I promise that you're gonna be a great flyer and that I'll be there every step of the way." He responded sincerely. He knew it would take time, no one ever said going over a certain fear would be easy, but it suddenly became his job to help Maximus fly. He had just made a promise to his friend, and Alexander is never one to break a promise.

Alexander smiled. "I've got a sister too. She's only five, but like you, I'd do anything for my sister to make sure she's well." He gave a surprised look by Maxi's uncertainty about them being friends, having assumed that Maximus already knew that they were, then smiled gently. "Of course we're friends. I'm helping you paint and fly, aren't I?" Alexander was puzzled by the Vallient's soft confession but restrained himself from asking, 'Free from who?'. He didn't want to pry Maxi about a subject that he didn't seem comfortable talking about. He nodded. "I understand, you don't want anything to happen to your sister especially since you know you can do something about it. When you do leave in the middle of class, I'll be sure to cover you if I'm there." He chuckled softly at the blush, growing familiar with the trait as he teased. "Yes, I can see that."

Alexander walked around the room as he spoke, his left arm across his chest and the right arm being a stand between his chin and left hand in a thoughtfully manner. "First, you're going to need an image in your head of something you wish to paint. It can be of multiple things, something that inspires you or you look up to. It can be an object that you consider a prized possession or someone who has motivated you, like your sister!" He smiled, looking over at Maxi. "She means a lot to you, you can try painting her if you'd like." He then stood next to Maximus and his canvas, the soft glow returning to his eyes. "Once you have that image with you, paint it out. A tip the professor gave me on my first painting is to do gentle brushes on the canvas, as if you are painting the significance that image is to you. The best thing about art is that everyone has their own distinct style, kinda like how everyone has individual fingerprints, so there's no right or wrong way to paint. It's alright if you mess up, not every art work is perfect, and the amount of time it take to complete a painting depends on the artist themselves, lasting from a few hours to possibly months." Realizing his action once again, he bit his lip as his eyes became normal. "Sorry, gotta learn to stop babbling like that."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Magic of Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic of Art   Magic of Art Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Magic of Art
Page 1 of 1