Harry Potter: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter: The Next Generation

Set in 2018, the 3 Wizarding schools Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, & Durmstrang face a new threat: Augustus Rookwood Jr. son of the last Death Eater Augustus Rookwood.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Staff Team
Ariel, Site Creator

--------------------
Daniella,Head Admin
--------------------
Jules, Head Admin

---------------------
Kris, Moderator

News/Weather
Month
September, 2018

Events
It's the start of the first term and the warm weather is slowly fading into chilly Autumn breezes. Students are advised to begin collecting their supplies and prepare for their first, or next, year at Hogwarts, Durmstrang, or Beauxbatons.

Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Terrance Taggart

Terrance Taggart

Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy) Empty
PostSubject: Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy)   Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy) Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Eyes snapped open alert and wary. Over the past two years he'd had to rely on his instincts even more. Thanks to Xena and her many personas even before they left he was starting to become hyper aware of his surroundings. Which was why he woke to the soft sound downstairs. Getting up, wand in his right hand, he also snatched up a silver knife.

Slowly and carefully he treaded to the stairs. Wand held with the point to the ground, knife blade pointed up, the flat pressed to his lower arm. Barefoot and only in sleep pants he crouched at the top of the stairs. He really should have re-warded his place but he was too damn tired. It was why his brain was so sluggish when trying to identify who was in his shop. Thanos didn't have a key. Xena didn't need one. Sherlock picked the lock whenever they needed in. Scrappy had been the only one given one.

He threw the knife at the dark shape at the same time leveling his wand. "You better have a damn good reason for being in my shop so late."
Back to top Go down
Austin Tyler
Hufflepuff Fifth Year
Austin Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy)   Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy) Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Austin was just finishing up restocking some easier to find common herbs. Then finished making sure that the "droid" that kept the place perfectly heated and cooled and the herbs protected by "bubbles" within the projection was 100% functional. He'd been "ghostly" running this place the past two years for Terrance. He caught his scent as he finished putting the earnings for today in the safe. Locking it and his eyes turned back normal. He was heading towards the exit when he smelled Terrance. A grin crossed his lips but his eyes held an anger too. He blinked as a knife flew, horribly aimed but still better than before and he flipped to catch it  and kept his back to him. Snickering a bit and outright laughed. Turning around with wolf ears and tail showing.

Holding the blade between middle and forefingers. A scratch from the force already healed. "You're aim still sucks this many years later. The force behind it has improved. Welcome home Herb Man. Where the f**k you been?!" He demanded. In other words do you know how worried I was and how much I missed you. "No. No reason at all. Just restocking, maintance, store funds to safe, finance recording...not a damn reason at all. Party crashing...oops there wasn't a party my bad." He said in a sarcastic smart ass tone.
Back to top Go down
Terrance Taggart

Terrance Taggart

PostSubject: Re: Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy)   Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy) Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:25 pm

"Now why would I aim to kill, Scrappy? Logic dictated it could only be you. Otherwise Scorpius would have blasted you." Terrance was not going to say he missed the brat. A smile stole across his face at the welcome home. He'd never considered it before, but this shop truly was his home. It held more memories than any other place he lived. Memories that didn't make him want to torch the ground hoping it would take the memories with it. A weird feeling started at the thought and he swallowed shoving it aside. He was relieved though that he was alive and well. The kid had worried him a time or two.

He snorted at the puppy's comment, his hazel gaze taking in the changes. His pup had grown up while he'd been gone. There was a surge of guilt he refused to acknowledge. But there he was surprised that the brat still came here and took care of the shop. He sat on the steps and after flicking his wrist to send up a hovering lumos spell, let himself lean forward, arms dangling between his legs. Terrance had never been one for apologies and sentiment. He was trying to word what he had to say that wouldn't cause a temper in the puppy.

Scrubbing a hand across his face he sighed. "It's a long story, puppy. Suffice to say, I had to take care of something. It was personal and only I could do it."

That was something Terrance was sure he'd understand. Hadn't the puppy railed about his honor and fighting before? Sometimes the only way to ensure someone would never darken your doorstep was too kill them yourself. It hadn't been enough to just kill Carter or destroy him. He'd had to do both. He had given in to his rage and need for revenge. It had been a hope that it would put some of his ghosts to rest.
Back to top Go down
Austin Tyler
Hufflepuff Fifth Year
Austin Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy)   Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy) Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:44 pm

Austin looked at Terrance as he spoke. "You should at least aim to injure just to be safe." he said in a scoff back. His way of saying he missed him. "I missed you too old man." He said with a smirk. Reading between the lines of Terrance's comment. Looking back at him as he moved into view more. Looking at him as he wanted to know. He was angry because he was worried and missed the guy. Even more angry because he never heard jack shit from him even via Scorpius. His anger was mostly to cover he was upset and he'd felt abandoned. Something he knew Terrance would understand because they both had that trust issue and issue with abandonment.

Though his features softened and he walked closer. Bringing his fist down on Terrance's shoulder hard. "YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST TOLD ME SOMETHING IN A MESSAGE BY SCORPIUS!" He snapped. Really he meant I thought you abandoned me and you know how we both feel about that. Then he softened. "I understand though...you removed the issue then?" He asked simply. Smiling a real smile for a second before smirking. "I knew you would have a damn good reason...I forgive you for not even leaving a note or contacting me." He said simply.
Back to top Go down
Terrance Taggart

Terrance Taggart

PostSubject: Re: Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy)   Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy) Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Terrance only grunted an acknowledgement of Austin's 'advice'. "Oy, I'm not that old!" There was no offended tone since that was Scrappy's way. But he still wasn't that old! Even if some days he felt decades older. "Having children will do that to you, you know."

Seeing and hearing the anger, Terrance braced himself. Knowing the puppy was hurt and winced. He hadn't meant to shut him out. Things happened and he'd had to act fast. He couldn't tell the boy because he honestly had no idea if he was coming back. There hadn't been time for the arguement he was sure would happen if he tracked Scrappy down and explained. It had been risky enough bringing Xena. She was necessary though. Regretably. His daughter had been bait and the girl knew that. It had been best to keep unintentional collateral damage to a minimum. There were several reasons why he didn't inform the puppy.

'Crap.' He warily watched Scrappy's features change. Oh, he wasn't angry. It was worse. That was bad. Terrance didn't even attempt to dodge as the fist made contact, gritting his teeth at the pain. That was deffinitely going to bruise. He wouldn't be able to use it without it being sore. He deserved that.

"I honestly hadn't thought about that," he deadpanned. He wasn't going to lie and say that it had, he still wouldn't have. It was too dangerous and might be intercepted. He wouldn't lie to the puppy. What would have hurt worse? Terrance disappearing and word reaching Austin that he'd died? Or his vanishing while informing Scrappy of his actions then deciding he wasn't returning to London? There had been a time he'd been tempted to not come back. It would have been simpler. Start anew. He'd done it once before.

Nodding an affirmative to tje question asked. He flashed back and a vindictive light showed in his eyes while he smiled coldly. "More than."

Not turning his head, but shooting a glance at the teenager, he eyed him as he hummed an acceptance of his nonspoken reasons. He remained quiet because he didn't do sentiment. Even if he was relieved and happy he'd been forgiven. Although he knew he didn't deserve it.

"So," he changed the subject. A teasing smile came to his lips while his eyes held calculation and unasked questions. "I hear that my place now has a reputation for being haunted."

He quirked a brow. "Wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?"
Back to top Go down
Austin Tyler
Hufflepuff Fifth Year
Austin Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy)   Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Austin looked at him. "I'm not that young either especially by wolfman years." He retorted with a snicker of amusement. "Eh? Whats that old timer? I know how to raise pups you know. Taken care of alot including double dose offspring of yours." he said seriously. Looking away a bit. "You are an idiot. At least you are alright." He said. Pulling out a cigarette and lighting it with a lighter. Looking at him unhappily. "Then whatever just don't do it again or I'll make you wish I killed you." He said sharply. He pulled in a drag of the smoke. Blowing out the interesting smelling smoke as he looked at him. "You don't say?" He said in a smartass way. "Well if you don't know why don't I make you do the work and find out?" He said with a cold tone. "That is your punishment for abandoning me. We are allies, best friends and family. The least you could do is say Immma bounc later f**ker." He said with a nonchalant tone. Taking another drag. "Well I've never lied to you so most likely I do. Seeing you been gone awhile time to derust your brain and you figure it out."
Back to top Go down
Terrance Taggart

Terrance Taggart

PostSubject: Re: Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy)   Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy) Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:48 pm

"Doggy years, I keep forgetting," Terrance replied half jokingly. "What is that, 7 years for you for every 1 human year?"

The man looked at the puppy sharply when he was called old again, but also because of the statement that Scrappy was raising other puppies. Yes, Terrance had allowed himself to be selfish and dumped his son/daughter on the puppy, but then again, he'd never claimed not to be a selfish bastard. He'd never wanted kids nor had he ever expected to have any. Not for quite a long time and since his school days. That dream had shattered and it had been quite a shock when he had learned that he did have a kid. And that that kid was as insane as people claimed he could be. Had the puppy ever had 'the talk'? There wasn't any way he was going to have a sit down with the puppy and tell it. It might already be too late by the sounds of it. He nearly dropped his head in his hand and moaned about he was too damn young to have a grandchild and would people quite trying to expand his 'family' without his permission!

He'd grunted in agreement to the idiot part. If he hadn't of been one, he could have evaded a few of the traps that had been laid for him. Scrubbing his face with his hand he glared without any real heat towards his psuedo son. A sarcastic, "Thanks," came from his mouth at his 'punishment' for leaving Scrappy behind without a farewell note. Making a 'gimme' motion he gestured to the cigaretts. He needed one right now and he didn't think he had any liquor in the cabinets. He smoked more than he drank.

"No, never lied," Terrance agreed. "You're a bit more like me that way. You don't lie, you omit things which some would say was as good as lying, but that's rubbish."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy)   Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Can't Keep a Good Dog Down (Scrappy)
Page 1 of 1